What Is a Carbon Filter?
These filters are used to reduce chlorine, organics, color, tannin,and objectionable tastes and odors from water. Automatic backwashing system removes the trapped contaminants within the filter bed and washes them down the drain. Our Household Carbon Filters (10”-12” Diameter) use NSF approved coconut shell based carbon.
Advantages to Using Carbon Filters
1) Reduce the following contaminants:
• Chlorine By-Products such as Trihalo methanes (THMs)
• Bad Tastes and Odors
• Herbicides, Pesticides & Insecticides
• Volatile Organic Chemicals (VOCs)
2) The Whole-House Carbon Filter System treats all taps in your home including showers & baths.